Two mega cult marvels are on their way back from our favourite yesteryear decade, the eighties. Both HELLGATE and HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN are strictly Limited Edition copies with only 1000 printed of each. Their packaging will showcase the original retro poster as the artwork along with a reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow (Hell Comes To Frogtown) and Graham Humphreys (Hellgate). Dual format, Blu-ray + DVD, these bad boys are armed to the teeth with special features, as we can only expect from Arrow Films. Both flicks will be available this month, UK only, on January 27th.
Dig on the details below…
With the 20th Century drawing to a close, nuclear war has wiped out civilization as we know it. The embattled human race’s last remaining hope lies with one man and his loaded weapon.
Sam Hell may be an ex-con, but he also happens to be one of the last surviving fertile men on the planet. Now, under the custody of a group of feisty female fighters, Sam finds himself enlisted on a mission to impregnate a harem of beauties. Sounds cushy enough, but the ladies in question are prisoners of Frogtown – home to a gang of mutant (and ill-mannered) amphibians!
Starring wrestler-turned-actor Rowdy Roddy Piper, known to John Carpenter enthusiasts for his body-slamming and bubblegum-chewing antics in They Live, Hell Comes to Frogtown is unashamedly a B-movie through and through with more guns and girls than you can shake a frog’s leg at.
- Limited Edition Blu-ray [1000 copies]
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 PCM audio
- Grappling with Green Gargantuans: Wrestling icon “Rowdy” Roddy Piper speaks about his leading man turn in Hell Comes to Frogtown
- Amphibian Armageddon: Actor Brian Frank remembers his role as Commander Toty
- Creature Feature Creator: Effects wizard Steve Wang reveals the secrets behind Hell Comes to Frogtown’s mutant manifestations
- Extended Scene
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell
Cat No: FCD849
Duration: 87 mins
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: 2.0 Stereo PCM
Legends abound of ‘The Hellgate Hitchhiker’. So the story goes, a beautiful young woman was once brutally defiled and murdered by a biker gang. Now, returned from the dead, she wanders the roadside luring unsuspecting motorists to their doom…
Refusing to heed the warnings of locals, a group of college friends set out on a cross-country road trip looking for fun and frolics. But they get much more than they bargained for when they wind up in the abandoned mining town of Hellgate and hemmed in by hordes of the undead!
Providing gore and gags in equal measure, Hellgate recalls the good old days of early 90s fright flicks and challenges other gleefully twisted flicks such as Re-animator and Return of the Living Dead for sheer grisly delirium!
- Limited edition Blu-ray [1000 Copies]
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
- Road to Perdition, B-Movie Style: An extensive interview with Hellgate director William A. Levey
- Alien Invasion, Blaxploitation and Ghost-Busting Mayhem: Scholar, Filmmaker and fan Howard S. Berger reflects on the intriguing film career of William A. Levey
- Video Nasty: Kenneth Hall, writer of the Puppet Master series, speaks about the direct-to-video horror boom that allowed Hellgate to become a classic of the cassette rental era
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Lee Gambin, illustrated with original artwork and stills
Cat No: FCD850
Duration: 91 mins
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Arrow Films Official Channels:
The Above Was Sourced From The Press Release…
Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!