That’s right fiends! This is some major bad ass news right here. Ever wanted to SPEND THE NIGHT at Camp Crystal Lake? Well, we have the next best thing. The folks from Los Angeles Haunted Hayride are hosting the first ever GREAT HORROR CAMPOUT. Read on to find out more. See ya there!
The Camp has two date for you to attend. Both June 7th and 8th are $149 but look at what you get! The ultimate HORROR experience.
This ISN’T your 9-year old son or daughters’ camp, and “Happy Trails” will be a figment of your imagination. This camps only desire is to ruin you! CAMP AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Great Horror Campout (GHC) is an overnight, immersive experience that puts campers into an interactive horror camping adventure. Whether campers decide to stay in their tents or venture into the darkness, they are fair game. You will be lured out of your tent one way or another. Whether it’s to participate in the “Hell Hunt,” use the restrooms, or just being dragged out by your sleeping bag, even campers whom want to sleep or hang in their tent with friends will find themselves having to go into the dark sooner or later.
Lasting 12 hours (8pm-8am), campers will find themselves confronting every fear that haunted them as children. Located on the 32 acre Los Angeles State Historic Park, campers will have the opportunity to meet a plethora of species that were only thought to have existed in legend.
GHC is suitable for adults 18 and over. The experience begins at 8pm. There will be suitable time for sleeping, however the residents of the woods never sleep. Survivors leave the site at 8am. It is a high scare, high startle content experience. There will be no refunds after a ticket is purchased and a patron has entered the campsite.
First Rule: We can change the rules. When we want, for any reason we want and without any notice. You’ll need to be listening for the camp announcements for the rule changes if you have any hope of escaping elimination. The interactive “Hell Hunt” experience will give campers whom wish for a more extreme experience a run for their money as they come face to face (and closer) with their worst nightmares in order to retrieve the items for which they are hunting. The Hell Hunt will be an extremely high-octane hunt for items that will send campers bathing in the blood of a “Pope Lick,” partaking in a sacrificial voodoo ritual, digging through road kill amongst “Beasts of Bray” and more. Campers will have to use creative thinking and problem solving to find the most coveted items. Those “Hell Hunters” who complete the task will go home with a Golden Ticket to LA’s Most Popular Halloween Attraction, Los Angeles Haunted Hayride. The bearer of a Golden Ticket allows unlimited rides at LA Haunted Hayride 2013.
Official Great Horror Campout “Dossier”
GHC will be mapped out into zones with which campers can familiarize themselves upon downloading their “Dossier.” The Dossier contains a map of the campground with descriptions of which species have been known to frequent each of the zones. Campers can use that information to navigate themselves to the sought after items. Dossiers will be sent to all participants 24 hours before GHC is to commence
Prior to Arrival
- Purchase Tickets Online
- Print Tickets or download them onto a smart phone
- Must show ID and Credit Card used for purchase before admitted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 24-Hours before your arrival, check your email for your “Hell Hunt” Dossier. This will contain a map of all the creature zones, the species of creatures that reside on the grounds, and a list of the items for which you will be searching. In an effort to be environmentally conscious, extra Dossiers WILL NOT be available at camp. You must print them out or download them onto your smart phone and bring them with you.
Campers will Arrive at 8pm and report to Base Camp for:
- Buffet Style Dinner
- Camp Announcements
- Ticket Check-in/Tent Assignment
- “Hell Hunt” Collection Bag
Campers will be assigned to a tent.
- Each tent will sleep four (4) campers.
- If you come alone you may be paired with other campers to tent share. If you would prefer not to share, please ensure you book four (4) tickets to reserve an entire tent.
Campers choose their level of engagement as they go on an individual basis based on the activities below:
- Tent Zone/Camping out (High Startle)
- “Hell Hunt” (Interactive, Highly Immersive Terror)
- Bonfire Horror Movies (Unsettling but located in the Safe Zone)
- Roasting Marshmallows (Unsettling but located in the Safe Zone)
Campers whom survived the night report to Base Camp for breakfast at 7am
- Winner of the LA Haunted Hayride “2013 Golden Ticket” announced
All Campers leave the grounds at 8am
Included with Your Ticket:
- Accommodations for one (1) in a 4-person style tent
- Hot Buffet Style Dinner – Camp Fare (Sausages, Salads, Beans – Vegan Appropriate)
- Continental Breakfast – (Coffee, Bagels, Etc. – Vegan Appropriate)
- Hell Hunt Experience (Rewards, Prizes, Scare Environments)
- Horror Movies around a Bonfire
- Roasting Marshmallows
- Reusable GHC Canvas Bag (Used for Item Collection during the Hell Hunt)
NOT INCLUDED (Strongly Recommended)
- Sleeping Bag, Pillow
- Drinks (other than at Dinner/Breakfast)
- (Sausages, Salads, Beans – Vegan Appropriate)
These grounds are the site of the old Southern Railroad station of 1875. It acted as a supply route for highly sensitive government freight. According to legend, one night a train hauling a cargo load of crates filled with “biological weapons” jumped the tracks crashing into the tree line that still stands today. Fourteen railroad workers lost their lives upon impact crushing them under two tons of screaming hot metal.
The contents of the crates… well that became complicated.
The smashed crates let loose a catalog of species that had never been seen or defined. Creatures thought to of existed only in legend were erroneously unleashed upon the mainstream population. THEY, the crate dwellers, devoured other crewmembers that would have survived otherwise almost as if they were ravenously feasting. The government acted quickly to cover up any evidence of the crash, however too many were freed that night to contain the evidence.
Since that date, unexplained sightings have run rampant in these areas. THEY now dwell in the surrounding woods and shadows awaiting their next hot meal. Tonight…their hunger grows.
Welcome To Camp!
You can get tickets HERE.
Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!