When a woman killed her abusive husband out of self-defense, she found out that ‘he’ was actually a woman wearing a prosthetic penis

Angelo Heddington and Elizabeth Rudavsky from Canada had a whirlwind romance, which was followed by a shotgun wedding after four months of dating, and then escalating domestic violence.

But when a battered 27-year-old Elizabeth stabbed Angelo, 30, after he attacked her in 2003, it was the paramedics who discovered a prosthetic penis under ‘his’ clothes on the way to the hospital.

Shocking surprise: When Elizabeth Rudavsky (right) killed her abusive husband (left) out of self-defense, she found out that 'he' was actually a woman wearing a prosthetic penis

Elizabeth says on the Investigation Discovery program, Fatal Vows, which premieres December 13: ‘I never saw nothin’. Things were dark.’

Throughout their seven-month relationship, Angela had never been ‘bare’ in the light with Elizabeth, and always insisted on having sex in the dark, according to a police report.

Angelo, born Angela, actually told his wife that a previous girlfriend had gotten angry and burned his genitals.

‘I never passed judgment,’ Elizabeth said.

According to the book Cruel and Unusual Idiots: Chronicles of Meanness and Stupidity, a former girlfriend of Angela told a reporter: ‘Ang had soft hands, but she spit like a guy. The whole time you were talking to her, she’d have her hands in her pockets, playing with herself like she was a guy.’

The couple met while Angela was living at a Glencoe-area farm while recuperating from a back injury and Elizabeth was traveling to farms to sell dog tags.

It wasn’t long before Angela started beating Elizabeth, who said during the investigation that she genuinely loved her husband.

Over seven months, Angela continued to hit Elizabeth, threatening her with guns and violating her with a metal pipe.

In the early stages, at the couple’s wedding announcement, Elizabeth recalls: ‘I had to explain to everyone how I could be so happy, getting married, when I had a black eye.

Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!

7 comments for “Truly Disturbing Headline: Woman kills abusive husband, discovers he was a female wearing male prosthetic

1. liz rudavsky
    December 9, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I am not a lesbian! I wish people would read before they post stupid comments! Control is a very powerful tool that others use on poeple. With threats against my family, I stayed! I knew it was wrong to act happy and lie, but I had no choice! In living with someone 24-7, I MEAN 24-7, I had no choice but to survive from day to day. I hope others learn from my experience. I would love to share the entire story with the right people.

• Glenna N
      February 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Hi Liz I just seen your story on ID Television and was horrified by the abuse u went through at the hand of this person.
      Liz I feel for u and know u had every right to do what u did after so much abuse. I was also abused by my ex husband and I was 18 yrs old when I married him 1 child later in 1984 I finally left and started a new life with my son, only to meet and become pregnant after a year with my second child to a man who was worse than my ex husband but I left him while pregnant and stayed gone…Liz women have to bond together and help abused women get out of this horrible cycle of abuse. I also don’t think that u are a lesbian or would ever think this do to the lies u were told by this horrible abuser.

Be happy my dear girl and that I am here if u need a friend to talk to….

• Jessicah
      June 13, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Liz, I’m watching your horrible life experience on Investigation Discovery right now. I’m so glad you overcame such a sick situation!!!! I hope you are well. Jessicah:)

• Veronica
      October 22, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Liz,

People see stuff on TV or on the internet and think they know everything. Nobody knows your story except for you and nobody knows the terrible abuse you lived through. When I saw your story on TV, I felt so bad for you. I hope your life is better now. Just remember, people who try to judge you don’t know the whole story. They have never lived in your shoes, so please try not to let them get to you. Remember the important people in your life that you love – and that love you. Keep your head up and be proud of yourself. You are a good person!

• Melissa
      December 26, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Liz, don’t let anything anyone says get to you. That just makes them win. People are sometimes just good liars and it wouldn’t be something you ever thought of. At least you lived through all of this.

2. Rokkett
    November 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Liz I caught the re-air of your story. YOU are a WARRIOR! You said it all and said it right AND true…your husband & son were just waiting! For you! I was heartbroken to hear of your husband. I watched your story that I had recorded/DVR on the eve of 8 years of finding my sooooo sweet husband in our driveway mere steps from our garage–dead. He had had a “massive heart attack”. Sometimes life gets not nice but we are where we (like it or not) are meant to be. Best of everything for you and your blessing! Don’t ever let anyone get you down!!!

3. D.F.
    January 27, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Are you serious… what person marries someone that you never even saw naked… your impulsiveness got you into trouble… I hope in the future you won’t put yourself into this situation…