TV Recap – A HAUNTING “Nightmare in Bridgeport”

A paranormal investigator takes on his hardest case yet…trying to help his mom get an evil presence out of her house.

Let’s take a trip back in time to 1962 when Bob Baker was known as Bobby.  He lived in a house with his mother Dorothy, father Francis and sister Robin.  Bobby starts seeing a man and hearing a voice coming through the heating vent that says “Bobby come play with me”.  Dorothy isn’t too alarmed, she just chalks it up to an overactive imagination.  At first Bobby is enjoying his new friend, but that soon changes.  After a few months he becomes afraid of it and feels it is going to hurt him.  He starts having nightmares that his sheet is being wrapped around him holding him down.  But is it really a dream?  One day Dorothy tells Bobby to go into the cellar and get more canning jars.  He really doesn’t want to but makes his way down the stairs.  He sees a hooded figure and decides to take a stand.  He tells it that he’s not afraid anymore and that it needs to get out.  And for once, this actually works!

Forty years later and we find Bob is a Child Safety Specialist during the day and at night he runs the Connecticut Paranormal Investigators.  His parents still live in the same house.  His dad has been suffering from dementia for ten years.  One day while Bob is visiting he finds out his dad is seeing and hearing things but Dorothy and Bob think it’s just the dementia.  He eventually dies and Dorothy is left alone in her house for the first time ever.

Bob – Safety Specialist by day – kick ass paranormal investigator by night!

Now Dorothy has caught the same bug and hears conversations.  She believes it is her late husband because he promised her he would never leave her.  Unfortunately that is not the case and one night Dorothy feels a menacing presence in her room and feels pressure like someone is sitting on the edge of the bed.  She calls Bob and he agrees to do an investigation.  He hears footsteps and feels a dark presence as well.  He decides to get the house blessed and bring his team, which includes a psychic named Mary, to do a more thorough investigation.

Shortly after arriving Mary picks up an evil presence in Bob’s old room.  She goes to the cellar and feels there was a tragedy on the property and has a vision of someone dumping two bodies there before the house was built.  Mary sees a hooded figure in the corner, the same thing Bob saw as a child.  One of the photos the team took shows an orb.  Upon closer inspection they see that it has the face that they both saw.  As the team goes over their findings Dorothy is woken up by something shoving her.

The team decides to call in the big gun.  A world-renowned exorcist named Bishop McKenna arrives at the house and immediately begins the exorcism prayer.  As he goes throughout the house he is drawn to the cellar door.  As he descends the stairs Mary hears a mocking voice say “the stairs”.  She tries to warn McKenna but is too late.  He is pushed down the rest of the stairs.  Luckily he is alright and begins to pray again.  They can feel the demon getting angrier but after the bishop finishes the prayer he says he thinks it’s over.  Wrong!

You know what grinds my gears? Cellars! Fill them with cement because nothing good comes out of cellars!

Bob begins having the same nightmares he used to have and knows that the prayer wasn’t enough.  The bishop comes back with holy incense and floods the entire house with smoke hoping to clear the house.  A few days after the smoke clears Bob and a friend Joe go back to Dorothy’s to close the case.  While they are sitting at the kitchen table they hear loud footsteps.  Then they are both attacked by the demon.  They can’t breathe and feel extreme chest pain.  They run for their lives and as soon as they get out the pain disappears.  Dorothy and Bob never enter the house again.  Everything was left as it was on the day of the final attack.  To this day no one else has entered the house either.  How did you like the episode friendos?  Let me know!  You can catch new episodes of A HAUNTING Friday nights on Destination America.

Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!

27 comments for “TV Recap – A HAUNTING “Nightmare in Bridgeport”

1. jacob
    January 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM

no mean to pry,but the way you get rid of that ghost is by getting rid of those barryd bones

• jacob
      January 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

for baker

2. Do
    March 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Is that house still there? I would like to visit.

• JJG
      May 13, 2016 at 12:56 PM

It is 31 Hastings St. Bridgeport, ct

3. Karen
    January 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I’m sorry but that demon got exactly what he wanted and you let him win. The only weapon you need is Jesus Christ! Your grandfather was ignorant. He should have called the authorities and let them remove those bones of those two innocent people who were apparently killed there and are being kept trapped by the demon who is probably the man who killed them. Remove the bones and get an experienced Christian to bless that ground!

• John
      July 31, 2017 at 2:10 PM

demons aren’t human, they are nonhuman in nature. This “thing” showed itself as a disfigured freak of nature, which is not even human by any account.

4. Nat
    March 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM

nightmare in bridgeport is the best episode on a haunting. i wish i could meet bob baker. what does that house/ property really look like? coulld you see it on google maps? and dont worry, im not a stalker lol. could you post a picture or somethin? if so that would be cool. bob is also on aol’s youve got… . you can see it on you tube. TEAM BOB BAKER!

5. rsmiles
    July 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM

This is such B.S. First of all they’re no haunted houses just haunted people who have no fulfillment in their lives so they try to make something up that makes the world special and unique and all new again. It’s a common
    re-occurring theme throughout time. Yes you get to believe in ghost one night a year and that’s Halloween night.
    And let me ask this question. Cameras set up all over the house during the investigation all this activity and yet when they so the activity that was so obvious and was taped they don’t show the real footage but as portrayed by actors. LOL, what a joke and waste of time. The proof of the after life would be worth millions of dollars to whoever could prove it. And by that I mean something as mundane as showing a cup or lamp move by itself with
    witnesses and yet through the history of man kind no proof has EVER, EVER been furnished. And yet these jokers talk so openly about my house is more haunted than your house. And talk about guess what the ghost did last night. It’s time so S.T.F.U. or prove it !!!!!!

• Doris
      August 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM

What is sad is when people like you are so close-minded that anyone who has a different opinion than you is told to, in your own words, “S.T.F.U.” Evidence has been gathered but for some people (like you, I am guessing) they need to literally have a spirit appear before them and slap them across the face. For your sake, I hope you never have to experience a ghost or a negative entity. There is a saying I was taught as a child that maybe you need to learn- “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Now, you do have a right to voice your opinion, but you do not have the right to ridicule others for their experiences and/or beliefs.

• jenisse
      February 22, 2015 at 2:40 PM

bob is my grandpa so i dont really think its bs lol (:

• Roberta
        May 21, 2015 at 10:26 AM

DearBob,

I inherited my grandfathers house in Chino Ca.I was raised there as a child and all so saw spirits.I didn’t sleep at night when I lived there , I still have nightmares of what happened in that house.I still own house, and my tenants also has experiences.

• Anthony Morin
      November 6, 2016 at 3:50 AM

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that you only know half of all the knowledge in the universe. So don’t you think that things like the paranormal or God & Angels as well as demons could actually be a part of the other half of universal knowledge that you don’t know about. If people could stop being closed minded and realizing that there is no person or group of people or even country or group of countries that know everything in the universe and that there is the possibility there are things we don’t know about yet then we would be a more peaceful race as humans.

6. Bob Baker
    July 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

Great to see everyone commenting on our show. Unfortunately that home still sits empty. Occasionally I go over there to check things out to make sure no one has broken in. I only stay for a few minutes and I can still feel that presence in the house. However I think it knows by now not to mess with me because I’m not backing down. My mother still lives nearby, but has not gone back to the home since before the show aired. The people who live next door say they hear voices at night coming from inside the house along with what sounds like furniture moving. Their dog will all of a sudden run away as if it saw a ghost. There is a man who looks down from the 2nd floor window that a number of people have seen. I’ll bet that’s the guy I used to see in the backyard as a child. I can’t believe all the letters of encouragement we have received from all over the world. My family and I can’t thank you all enough. I have people contact me from as far away as Australia willing to come to Connecticut to do battle against this evil. As long as my mother is alive I promised her I would not do anything, but if I outlive her that spirit better be ready for World War 3 because I’m taking back that house no matter what. I believe I can beat it and with all the prayers we get from the people who follow this story I know I have the spiritual backing needed to win. We will document everything and let you know how it went if that day ever comes. I have another show coming out on A Haunting on Destination America about a case I did in Enfield, CT. We’ve been on t,v, before regarding this case, but A Haunting allowed us to tell what really went on there and how the evil in that home has destroyed many lives including most of the paranormal teams that went in there trying to help the family. The new season of A Haunting starts the first week of August 2014. Our show will be on probably Sept or Oct. If anyone would like to e-mail me you can reach me at [email protected]. God Bless all of you. See you soon.

• Rozayyy
      August 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Where is the house located ?

• RS
      August 2, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Awesome, Ghost chasing is big money these days. Used to be they would throw you in a padded room if you saw a ghost now they give you millions of dollars a weekly show and a narrator with a slick voice. All based on a farce
      with absolutely no proof . People need ghost to make their lives more interesting and because JUST THEM could see the ghost it makes then SO SO SO special. After all it’s all about them. This show is a joke and should be banned from T.V.
      Once again…………WHERE’S THE PROOF!!!!!!!!!

• DSI
      August 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Um…Mr.Baker? Not to be mean but…….. ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?!?!?! If you couldn’t expell that……thing when you had a team of paranormal investigaters AND a PRIEST, what makes you think that you can expell it now? I mean come on! The entity PUSHED A PRIEST DOWN THE STAIRS! In your show, you said that the entity itself was close to being over +2000 years old, right. So don’t you think the entity would have the knowledge to counter every prayer, blessing, or incense trick that you have in your arsenal? That thing is just to powerful!!!!!! I just watched that episode today and……..I COULD ALMOST FEEL ITS POWER THROUGH THE F…….ING TV! IT FELT LIKE IT WAS LITERALY IN THE SAME ROOM WITH ME!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO TERRIFIED IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!!!! Now, on the off chance that you do expell it. What is to say that it doesn’t come back 2x to 4x as strong? What then? I have seen many episode of “A Haunting” where they preform exorsisms and blessing to banish dark spirits. But are we sure we banished them. What if we never really got rid of them. What if they are just in hiding, trying to gain more strength so that next time then haunt someone, they CANNOT be expelled?!?!?!?????!?!? I wonder if that is the case with the entity that you and Mary saw. What if that entity was never around for +2000 years? What if it was banished from homes before it tried to communicate with you and it appeared as soon as it knew that it was powerful enough to stop any and all expulsion blessing from working on it? When you confront it again….what will you do if you can’t expell it? Try thinking about all the possibilities before you confront it. Try thinking of a solution to this situation before you confront it. “You confront it and are unable to expell it and it tries to trap you in the house with it!” What then? Two words for you…..GAME OVER!!!!!!!!! Not only have you failed to expell it, but also something that is more terrifying then an entity like that being in the human world……..A LIVING AND BREATHING CAPTIVE!!! If entities like that or weaker than that are able to harm HUMAN BEINGS, then what is to say that an entity as powerful as the one you saw wouldn’t be able to keep you in the house or building that it is in? In other words………ITS TERRITORY!!!!! You are in its territory! It has lived in that house for a long time time! It knows that house better than you could possibly ever could. In that house, IT’S TERRITORY, there is NOWHERE you would be able to hide!

• Sheryl
      December 15, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Dear Bob I am an old friend of Joyce and Al I also know Robin well and your mom since as teenagers I was always with Joyce and your mom was next door anyway I was wondering if Joyce ever mentioned one of the times we used the ouiji board and like fools tormented it with rossery beads and I swear to you the neackless broke right before our eyes Al was also there and we looked over the rosery and saw no separation at all as if it were divided like magic links I am now about to turn 40 and still think of this often and and worrie that it still can haunt me one day needless to say we slept at each other’s house for days on end lol.we also had another time whn the board told us we were pigs after having a big lunch and with in maybe 20mins or so at lest four of the girls were vomiting out of control.I am married and a mom of three and never ever want any one of my children to mess with that board.Bob can you tell me if I can still be affected in a negitive way all these years later??? Thank you,Sheryl P

• Sheryl
        December 15, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Dear Bob,I am also concerned because my youngest child has come to me on two occasions one time she was playing in the yard as I was cooking dinner in the kitchen she came running in to ask me who is here cuz she saw a man in a red hat come in she was about 5 or 6 yrs at the time and she was sure I was playing a trick on her n kept looking past me saying come on mom tell me who is here.Then another time she was about 7yrs old She woke up and I said good morning and she said mom I did not sleep good at all last night cuz a woman was in my doorway watching me all night she said the woman was holding a red candle with black cracks in it and she had a long flowing robe on and I said why didn’t you yell to dad our room was right across from hers and she said wellI did not think of that and if I did dad would have probably walked rite through her cuz she stood in my door way. Another time whn she was much younger maybe 3yrs old she swers she saw a witch she could hardly pronounce the word witch n was devastated that no one would believe her and her older sister laughed at her got her so upset she still brings it up to this day.I never knew quite wht to make of it was she dreaming or something.but in the back of my mind I remember Joyce and I used that oujii board so much we have other stories as we’ll very freaky conversations took place through that board at Joyce’s apartment below Robins.one we took it to a grave yard and believe it or not nothing happened at all. All the action was in that first floor apartment next to ur parents apartments.how foolish we were I wish we never did such things.thank u Sheryl P

• Tonya Cantrell
      October 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Why not tare the house down and excavate the property? I’m sure that would solve the problem

• Paul
      December 15, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Bob baker I read on wiki that you were able to defeat the entity with incense and playing church bells on a loop is that true or no

7. Sheryl p
    December 15, 2014 at 3:17 AM

P.s. Bob, we no longer live in the home that my child had the encounters we did live there for many many years.my daughter is now 9 turning 10 next week and we have been in a new home for 1yr and 7months she has not had anything happen to her since the move.my oldest is 18 n she still swers she saw a man in a old uniform creep up the stairs and look into her room idk if she was dreaming either or wht.but I am sorry for wht u went through as a child.tell me wht you think I would love to hear your take on it.thank again sheryl

• January 21, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Wow. That seems scary. I am At a state of confusion in my life over this particular subject. I have never ever experienced anything of such and I’m a sense would like to, of course nothing evil, but maybe a relative such as my father. I would like clarification personally that this types of event is real. I guess I’m curious. But I can’t say that it’s not real because I have never even come close to an experience! I wish you the best and blessings to your family. I also would love to hear some of your stories personally, please and thank you kindly!!
      Suzan

8. Diane comfort
    March 18, 2015 at 10:42 AM

For everything good there is bad. I totally believe. I lived across the street from the haunted house on Lindsey street in Bridgeport. I knew the family and experienced the families terror as well as the people who went into the house. I understand if u never dealt with this youdo not understand or believe but don’t be mean or say ugly things to people who do. Just pray and believe in God and u will be protected

9. January 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Hi Bob.. How are things.. I would like to learn about these things to help me believe.

10. Kiara
    March 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM

I’m interested in seeing that demon and house for myself. I don’t think that you were wrong in how you handled it. You were right to get out of there. I will only say that I’m a sensitive and more. I don’t say this easily and live a normal life the best I can. I hesitate to post this but I don’t think you will brush me off just like that. I will use an Alias. Thank you

11. Thomas Blades
    May 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I have a story of my own that I would like to tell. About 19 years ago, (I’m 26) I awoke from a deep sleep in the middle of the night, with the sheets to my neck. After seeing what time it was, (3:00 AM) I began to fall back to sleep. However, just before I closed my eyes, I looked up at a window nearby. This next part still scares me to this day. I saw a very demonic looking set of eyes staring back at me. A moment later, a full face appears with a maniacal looking smile, and moves closer. I immediately start feeling very cold and clammy. After a few moments, the feeling subsides and I feel normal again. It scared the hell out of me. I didn’t sleep well the rest of the night. For years I kept this to myself thinking people would believe I was nuts. For many years it never occurred again, until last year, (2015). At this point, I had finally told two people about the ordeal. They surprisingly actually believed me. Soon after that, I was on vacation in Florida, when again I felt that same sensation for a moment and saw the entity appear again. This time however, I was ready and I fought it off after about a couple minutes of prayer. I’ve never seen it since. My room in Felton is now a psychological stronghold with not one, but two dreamcatchers that I bought from a shaman, on a Native American reservation. I’ve never had a single nightmare nor felt any sort of maniacal feeling, or seen any entity ever since I placed those in my room.

12. len
    December 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM

what’s the house’s address?