Truly Disturbing Headline: Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail Ends With Teen’s Stomach Being Removed

This is disturbing on so many levels.  What was an 18th birthday party in an English bar has turned into a tale of terror reserved for the screen.  Read on for the details.

Doctors have removed an English teenager’s stomach to save her life after she drank a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.

Gaby Scanlon was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with a perforated stomach on Thursday after reporting breathlessness and severe pain.

Police are now working with the wine bar in Lancaster where Ms Scanlon had the drink while celebrating her 18th birthday, ITV News reports.

“The investigation is still in its early stages and we are still interviewing witnesses to establish the full facts,” a Lancashire police spokeswoman said.

“The premises involved have fully cooperated with all agencies and have suspended drinks involving liquid nitrogen.”

The Lancashire teen is now in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Management from Oscar’s wine bar said they were “tremendously concerned” for the teenager.

Liquid nitrogen freezes anything it comes in contact with.

It can cause serious cold burns and should not be inhaled or ingested, authorities have warned.

From this point on, I encourage all of you reading this to be careful with what you consume.

Source: Ninemsn

Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *