Film-goers Treated By Paramedics During Horror

Every couple of years a story like this surfaces but that doesn’t make it any less shocking.  Read on for the details regarding the Sundance horror flick V/H/S.

Two movie-goers reportedly had to be treated by paramedics at the Sundance Film Festival in the US after suffering seizures and vomiting while watching new horror film V/H/S.

One viewer had to run out of the cinema in Utah, where he collapsed, the film’s co-writer Simon Barrett said.

Mr Barrett told MSNBC that the man become ill during a particularly “intense” scene where a character is graphically injured.

He said the man’s girlfriend also had to be treated after running into the lobby to vomit.

Producer Roxanne Benjamin, posting on Twitter from the festival, said the man and his girlfriend were treated by paramedics for 30 minutes but did not need to go to hospital.

“It was scary and not fun, and everyone is grateful the guy and his girlfriend are OK,’ she tweeted.

“And they wanted to go back in the theatre!”

The film, which begins with a series of shaky hand-held camera work, follows a group of criminals searching for a VHS tape in a remote house.

The criminals end up watching a variety of homemade tapes of supernatural moments.

In one scene, a fleeing character breaks his wrist while trying to run down a flight of stairs, causing the bone to jut through his skin.

Mr Barrett said the segment “while very funny in parts, is also quite intense and gory.”

He said that the film “can probably be a bit difficult to take”.

Like what you see? Be sure to also visit Pissed Off Geek too for more news and reviews with a horrific edge. To stay up to date with the latest horror news and reviews from the site be sure to "like" Truly Disturbings's Facebook page and following us on Twitter!

  1 comment for “Film-goers Treated By Paramedics During Horror

  1. February 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM

    I’m excited to see this flick!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *